What are the size restrictions and how should I prepare for the show?
2D Work must be no bigger than 6x6 or 5x7 at the MAXIMUM INCLUDING FRAMING. Think Small! All work needs to be submitted ready to hang, with hanging materials. Most work is not framed. The style of hanging is encouraged to be with painters tape or magents. Please refer to photos of past exhibitions. If work is framed or mounted the frame and/ or mount must not exceed our size restrictions [i.e. if each piece is framed, the frame may not exceed 5"x7" or 6"x6". If all pieces are mounted onto one display piece, the entire display piece cannot exceed 30" x 36" size restrictions.] Hanging preferences should be included with submission (or discussed with the Fun-A-Day organizers, if there are questions). Please note that due to space limitations we do our best to display as asked, but may not be able to accommodate preferences. 3D work should be small and fit ona 3'x3' table. - please contact the Fun-A-Day organizers to work out how it will be displayed.
DEFAD does not facilitate artwork sales, no art can be sold through the duration of the show. If you are interested in selling artwork after the show, the title cards will provide a space for contact information. Title cards will be provided at drop-off. we recommend including a cell number so an interested buyer can text you a photo the night of the opening and you can make arrangements. Artwork is to remain at The Delaware Contemporary for the full run of the exhibit.
2018 Drop Off Information - April 2-4 (with volunteer option 10:30-noon on April 5)
*****SUBMISSION FORM COMING SOON****
Please have your 31 pieces, and printed drop off form/instructions submitted for the show during the times below. This is very important, as we have a limited amount of time to hang A LOT of work.
TO DROP OFF YOUR ARTWORK:
Organizers and wonderful people will be available to collect your work at the following locations and times
(please check out the organizers' photos so you can recognize us - www.delawarefunaday.com/delaware-fun-a-day-team):
1. Monday 4/2/18 - 10am - 5pm - Talleyville Frame Shoppe - 3625 Silverside Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810 - Ask for Wendy
2. Monday 4/2/18 - 6pm - 9pm - Newark Library, 750 Library Ave, Newark, DE 19711 - Look for Kerri
3. Monday 42/18 - 6pm - 9pm - Brandywine Hundred Library, 1300 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803 - Look for Felise
4. Tuesday 4/3/18 - 10am - 7pm - Talleyville Frame Shoppe - 3625 Silverside Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810 - Ask for Wendy
5. Tuesday 4/3/18 - 6pm - 9pm - Brandywine Hundred Library, 1300 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803 - Look for Felise
6. Tuesday 4/3/18 - 6pm - 9pm - Bear Library, 101 Governors Pl, Bear, DE 19701 - Look for Sarah
7. Wednesday 4/4/18 - 10am - 4pm - Talleyville Frame Shoppe - 3625 Silverside Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810 - Ask for Wendy
8. YOU MUST sign up to volunteer to hang art and have been in contact with DEFAD, to bring your work on Thursday before noon
Thursday 4/5/18 - LAST CHANCE or you will not be in the show!* - 10:30am - noon - The Delaware Contemporary - DEFAD will be there!
All work MUST be ready to hang. You will include the written instructions on how you would prefer your work to be hung (drop off sheet coming soon). We will do our best to accommodate your wishes. If you do not provide display instructions/materials with your drop off, we will hang it as we determine is most suitable to the space. We will be hanging with different methods (magnets and painters tape around and in back of the art, as to not damage it).
2D work must not exceed 6x6 or 5x7 each INCLUDING THE (OPTIONAL) FRAME. You may mount your art to a backing but this backing should not exceed 30"x 36" (for 6x6) or 30" x 35" (for 5x7). In other words, please do not put padding in between the pieces of art when putting on a backing. Title cards will be provided by DEFAD.
3D and A/V projects should be in communication with DEFAD regarding their 1/2 table and set-up.
OPENING NIGHT is Fri. April 6 at The Delaware Contemporary with additional hours Sat. April 7 (10a-5p) and Sun.April 8 (12p-5p)
2018 Pick Up Information - April 11-16 ONLY
Artwork is to remain at The Delaware Contemporary for the full run of the exhibit.
You must pick up your artwork or make arrangements for it to be picked up.
- I do not want my project back and donate it to the Delaware Fun-A-Day to use as fund-raising material.
- I will be picking my project up at The Delaware Contemporary on Tuesday, April 10 between 12 and 5pm.
- I will EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org my decision to pick up my artwork from Talleyville Frame Shoppe and Gallery (3625 Silverside Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810) between April 11 and April 16 during store hours.
Talleyville Frame Shoppe and Gallery Hours:
4/11 - Wednesday - 10-5
4/12 - Thursday - 10-7
4/13 - Friday 10-5
4/14 - Saturday 10-4
4/15 - Sunday Closed
4/16 - Monday 10-5
Artwork that is not picked up or accounted for by the end of April 16th will be considered donated to DEFAD. Please communicate with the DEFAD organizers!